Sunday, September 14, 2008

100 Distros Mean?

I am going to install 100 GNU/Linux distributions. Only installing, not really using. This is a one-time long-term project and could be extremely meaningless. I probably can't gain anything from it. It's not hard, but really takes time.

No matter Dead or Live, I meant successful or failed of a install, both count one. I haven't decide which distro be my first try in this project, but it wouldn't be Fedora, Arch Linux, or Ubuntu since I recently have used them. That won't be fresh for me. Moreover I might not try any doesn't modify the Linux installation process alot like LFS (It actually isn't a distro in my view).

How far is a completion? I think (under my environment)
  • X with default WM of the distro
  • Connect to Internet (PPPoE, via wired)
  • Try to write a post using the distro
I will write down what I see through all process, maybe take few pictures. Is that easy to finish installation. Everything will only use default options, I will not try to modify any configuration in shell if the distro intends to run under graphical environment.

One thing I will never do is rating. It'd not be fair if I don't use it. Once I get 100 installs, this project will not be active anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any irrelevant comments to this post will be deleted. You can use these HTML tags: <b>, <i>, and <a>.